GILDED TAROT ROYALE REVIEW

CIRO MARCHETTI'S GILDED TAROT MAKEOVER:

Today I am very excited to share with you a fresh addition to my modest collection. It grows slowly but steadily, and proves to be an invaluable source of advice for me and my clients. This review covers the Gilded Tarot Royale by Ciro Marchetti.



This reworking of the Gilded Tarot contains real magic within it. The experience starts at the box, which comes with an open-sesame kind of dynamic to it. The cards are quite large, 3.75" x 5.5" inches, composed of quality stock and gilt edges. They are of thick stock, but thin enough to shuffle nicely and they fan out pretty easily. I particularly enjoy the dramatic use of vivid colors and the dreamy feel of the environment. The figures contained within look too ethereal to be from this world. It feels as if you're watching ascended masters as they float in their astral plane of perfection. They know what it is like to live in a mundane setting, but they are far removed from it as well.

The way I came across this treasure — as it proclaimed itself to be during a quick card pull — was through the search of information for the Gilded Tarot. I first saw it on the all of a dream interpretation community I am a member of on Facebook. I saw the spread cloth that comes with the set and a few scans of the cards, and they really caught my attention. As I joined the dialogue, I quickly learned that they are an updated version of Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Tarot. I had noticed Ciro Marchetti's work before, but I had not yet attained any of his decks. He devoted his time to build a second version of the same deck seemingly from scratch. I love how big the cards are because they can be used for meditation. It's easy to get lost in the ethereal dreamscapes that Ciro has carefully crafted out for us. It feels as if everything about this deck of cards has been thought out with excruciating attention to detail. He did a wonderful job! 




The Gilded Tarot Royale comes with a CD rather than a booklet. Screensavers, avatars, diary templates, and a PDF with information about the cards is contained within. It's a key to a secret world from the creator of the popular series of tarot decks. The CD offers a sample reading from Ciro with cards chosen at random. It was very easy to see how the images showed movement from one situation to another. With this new arrival I may take the time to study each card. It might even come to work as a replacement for my infamous partner in crime, the Vertigo Tarot. They have a similar dialogue amongst them, which I can really appreciate.

I have considered purchasing the Legacy of the Divine Tarot before as well as the Tarot of Dreams, but the Gilded Tarot Royale is definitely a perfect fit for me.





Due to the lavish presentation of this tarot deck, I recommend it for professionals; anyone that will pick this deck up more than once a day.  It begs to be used — with care, of course — and to tell the fortunes of hundreds, maybe thousands of people, and the best part is that it is built to last. Due to the collector's value of this deck, it isn't a set for beginners to use. Beginners can start with the Gilded Tarot and work their way up to this when the time is right. You should be familiar with the archetypes of the tarot already if you are going to invest in a treasure such as this. While it is a worthwhile investment, I find that it is a bit over the top for a beginner. That is, of course, up to the person always.

These special decks are my treasures. They are employed in more introspective ritualistic readings for when I am seeking an intellectual challenge. They are more dear to me than any other of my possessions, and I intend to enjoy the wisdom they share as long as I am able to. I have not yet worn out any cards with gilt edges, but the Gilded Tarot Royale is certainly begging to see the chance.



What is your most important characteristic? Three of Wands. I wait for the right time to be used. You know that there is something there; obscure knowledge and promise of something coming back However, at the current stage you are at in your life you may not be ready for what lies herein.

What are your strengths as a deck? Ten of Pentacles. Oh, the wealth! You have enough material in here to dig, dig, dig and dig. My sparkle and shine can be rather distracting. You will have to learn how to get past that to find the immense riches that I hold. I am pretty to look at and substantial.

What are your limits as a deck? Ten of Swords. I can not enter where there are mental boundaries set up. Sometimes I won't be the appropriate go-to deck if you don't have the time to meditate on the messages I tell you. It takes time to understand me, and I prefer to be used with an abundance in time and attention. I won't work well otherwise.

What are you here to teach me? Temperance.

How can I best learn to collaborate with you? The Magician.

What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Six of Pentacles.

What is your favorite card? The Fool.

What is your preferred style of reading? Ten of Cups.

How do you see me? King of Swords. Surprisingly masculine and logical for a female. While others are so focused on romance and feelings, you're clearly set on sharpening the mind and your psychic intuition. You follow your goals and settle your problems objectively. There is a strong sense of diligence and discipline coming off you, which can make you a rather intimidating person.

♡  How do you see yourself? Three of Pentacles. uuuuuupuij
♡♡
♡♡