2013 IN REVIEW

January
+ Visiting California
+ Muse concert
+ First time at a goth club, where I met Hugo and Roger
- My cousin passed away

February
+ Taking tribal/gothic bellydancing lessons
+ Mending broken connections with the Dark Priest
+ Got the Nusantara Tarot


March
+ Creatively a good month
+ Saw the rise of a new Hierophant
+ Romancing J
+ Exchanging letters with a stranger


April
+ J's birthday
+ Farewell celebrations
+ Met Gabe
- Mom fell ill and was rushed to the hospital


May
- Stressful month
- Went to the hospital every day
+ Had J around to take care of me
+ Mom left the hospital


June
+ Booked a new ticket to LA
+ Started a tarot dreams blog
+ Farewell celebrations commence


July
+ Correspondence with the Dark Priest
+ Hung out with my friend Gabe
+ Got back into gaming


August
+ Grandpa's 85th birthday celebration!
+ Met up with the Dark Priest
+ Farewell celebrations
+ Started a new life in Los Angeles

September
+ Met Kim and Hugo
+ Met Crystal
+ Met Bre, Adam & Ricky
+ Went clubbing often


October
+ Started a new internship
+ Saw Depeche Mode in concert!!
+ Moved to a new apartment
+ Halloween Fetish Ball… re-encountered Roger
+ Turned 25
+ Mom came to visit


November
+ Finally started feeling at home in California
+ Friendships started to bloom
+ Steampunk Ball… so much fun!
+ Sustainable Voyager Therapy… met James Wanless
+ Thanksgiving with Jaime's family


December
+ Bitchcraft Bazaar… saw Marcella Kroll!
+ Winter Fetish Ball & Bar Sinister
+ Visiting Puerto Rico
+ Christmas dinner party
- Started to thin down my tarot collection

FAVORITE PHOTOS OF 2013:







(01) DESCRIBE 2013 IN THREE WORDS:
Severe. Life-changing. Passionate.

(02) WHICH CONCERTS DID YOU VISIT IN 2013?
Depeche Mode // Crystal Castles, Grendel, Muse,

(03) WHAT WERE YOUR THREE FAVORITE MOMENTS IN 2013?
01 The day I got news Mom would be okay.
02 This one is lengthy. Celebrations up to moving from Puerto Rico to California were great. Specifically that last day when I caught up with an old friend before coming home to my family to celebrate.
03 Seeing Depeche Mode live. What an experience! I will never forget it.

(04) WHICH ONE WAS YOUR FAVORITE MONTH?
That's a tough choice, but it is for sure one of the later months of 2013. I'll go with October. That was really a very fun month. It brought with it new acquaintances as well as familiar faces that came back into my life. Love!

(05) WHO WERE THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE OF 2013?



Mom: The first half of this year revolved solely around her well-being. I found out how important it is to remind the people that you care about that you love them. It doesn't need to be every day and it doesn't need to be talked about; something as simple as a cuddle or a gesture would do.

Jean: Oh, J… Where would I be if not for you? Words don't do this man justice. He is loving and compassionate, and he is an exemplary person in so many ways. He has taught me the warmth of tolerance and compassion, as well as the sting of sharp words exchanged in impulse. The love he showers me with is unparalleled. I know this sounds really lame, but it is the kind of love they write stories about. You will always be number one.

Arish Lam: This is my dance teacher, who taught me how to come out of my shell. He loves free expression through dance, and really injected a zest for life that I possibly would not have found otherwise. Whenever I went up for a heart to heart with him, I felt electric excitement. I felt that I was talking to a person whose senses and consciousness were in balance, and that was quite refreshing.



Jaime: A college favorite made a strong comeback! We haven't met since we graduated from college in May 7th, 2010. He taught me how important it is to simplify, and when not to give attention to situations that don't merit it. He has such a wonderful heart of gold. Awesome room mate!

Cristy: Came unexpectedly and late during the year, but wow — I love her! She is like the sister that I never had while I was growing up, and I am very happy that we get to have heart to hearts and conversations together. Super lover!

Hugo & Kim: What a sweet, sweet soul. I met you at the least likely place you'd make a friend, but so we clicked. Hugo is a sweetheart, we met at the club and it felt like an instant 'click.' I found out that you don't need to know somebody through and through to care about them, but I do feel that it makes getting to know someone more meaningful. I am really looking forward to peeling back the layers and taking the time to get properly acquainted.

Kim is a sweetheart. I feel lots of endearment when it comes to her, and look forward to get to know her more in the coming year. I resonate deeply with her.

Roger: Hmmm… Where to start? When I first met this person, I brushed him off. I didn't think there was anything in him that could prove to be worthwhile because of the mindset we were in when we met. [I mean come on, we met at a club!] I was wrong. We clicked, and in this person I found a very curious mind and enough material to kill hours in conversation. We are still getting acquainted, but I like him so very much!

Dark Priest: Oh, you… It seems I try to run away, but life always pulls us closer together. It's sheer magnetism, and try as we might, I don't think either one of us can truly get away. This person has always been a major inspiration. He brings out a side of me that many are not acquainted with, and probably won't be. We have had riveting conversations and experiences that make me wonder why we resist the tugs-and-pulls of life. To tell you the truth, we talk to one another less than we actually think about the experience of knowing each other. It is very much a platonic relationship, in which we found in one another high resonance, but have not been able to manifest in it completely. I'm happy to have him in my life.

(06) HAVE YOU MADE PLANS FOR TRAVELING IN 2014?
Ideally, I will be able to visit Florida, Prague or Japan sometime in 2014. I have no plans to travel anywhere other than Puerto Rico, though.

(07) BEST BOOK YOU READ IN 2013?
Playing Card Oracles

(08) 5 MUSICIANS YOU LISTENED TO WAY TOO MUCH IN 2013:
Depeche Mode
De/Vision
Julien-K
Dave Gahan
Abney Park



(09) WHAT DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2014?
I am going to see Kyary Pamyu-Pamyu live as well as Suicide Commando and Combichrist. If lucky,I may also catch VNV Nation and Abney Park live.

In retrospect, the year of the Hanged Man was very tough. Adding up 12, you get 3 for Empress. My mother’s health problems were the cause for much concern and hesitation. I knew that there was a reason why my life was keeping me enslaved in Puerto Rico, but had not imagined it would be this serious. I must reaffirm that everything happens for a reason. Things don’t happen without consequence, and we must be willing to accept that fact if we want to move on.

I learned to feel friendship rather than hope for it. After years of dreaming with healthy interpersonal relationships and hoping to connect with others, I found that it happens when you are truly open with your heart. Try not to pay so much attention to the friendships that don’t work out. I learned this year that life will naturally weed people out of your life that don’t need to be there. Even if you care for them dearly, let them go if you feel life is taking them away from you. Further down the line, you will be able to see why they had to go.

I might not have a favorite month or moment, but I know that I am very thankful for all the tough lessons that I learned in 2013. I won't forget all of the lessons that I learned through trial, error and tears.



Happy new 2014!!!
♡♡

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, ML. I love to see your photos. They are always very creative and everyone looks so interesting. You've had a full-on year in many ways.

    Jean is a very handsome young man. You make a stunning couple, but it is obvious that the real beauty of the both of you is within. Wishing you both a very happy new year! Looking forward to watching your next twelve months unfold.

    All the best, PLN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you! Thank you for the very wonderful compliments. You never fail to make me smile.

      I will pass your kind message to Jean.

      I hope to catch up with you soon. Happy 2014!!!!!!

      xoxo

      Delete

♡♡