LA IN REVIEW PT. III!

I WON A SILVER ADDY!
Little Nica has something to be proud of... Last Wednesday I found out that the American Advertising Federation awarded my Commencement 2010 Campaign Package a silver ADDY award. Thank you so much, AAF! I felt so special!

UPDATE!
All my plans have shifted and now I am looking to stay organized while still doing that I need to. It looks as if I am going to have to shift posting days from Fridays to a day in the weekend, and possibly during the week. My work load has just doubled, and while I am fully ecstatic about it, that also means I have less time for myself to do the things I need time for. Good news are coming; I can't wait to tell you guys about what I have been up to for the past few days!

Now for the best part! I have been postponing the regular blog because I want to tell you guys about the fun part of LA.


大黒家 DAIKOKUYA RAMEN
This place was really BOMB! When you walk in, you get the impression of a small but popular ramen joint in Little Tokyo. A nice touch is the J-Pop playing in the background and the manga library in the corner for those undergoing the one-to-two-hour wait to be seated. The staff is friendly and the food is gooood! My tempura shrimp tasted as authentic as what I tasted in Tokyo, Japan.
STRANGELOVE AT MODE:M


If you're like me, you probably get a kick out of an ambience such as fetish/industrial clubs not because of the people you encounter, but because of the mood of the place you want to be at.
Imagine this... A collective soul of dancers pulsating with energy or turning into seductive smoke, dancing to haunting music and pedestal dancers with fans, shawls, and fine lingerie. The walls are dark, there is smoke everywhere, and the music ranges from seductive to angry stomping. This is a place you can come to with full disregard of personal association, where you won't be judged if you have a certain fantasy or if you dance as if you are warding off demons.
This was my friend Niki's first time at an industrial party even though I have tried to lure her to The Castle in Ybor with me several times. Good times!

THE MOUNTAIN PATH
Sunday is rarely an idea for a quiet day disconnected from the world, at least not in California. We went adventure-seeking on the mountain path and were not disappointed. The sight of LA at night was quite gorgeous, even though you can't see the stars unless you go to the high point of the observatory.  We decided to call it a day when we encountered the graffiti of a notorious gang at one of the path forks. So much for taking the path not frequently traveled...


LAST DAY IN LA
I  spent my last day in LA with an old friend from two years back called Anthony. I dare say a wonderful conclusion to yet another eye-opening experience of a trip. When it is just me V.S. the world, I get a strong feeling of empowerment and accomplishment because of how far I have come, all the blessings in my life, and all the people that grace me with their stories. I don't feel as if I am held back to my cage anymore, and I also have the strength to keep pushing forward to attain my dreams and accomplish my goals. All of them!
Good times!

COMING UP:
01
. Blogs I love
02. Employed?!
03. The V Spread
♡♡

2 comments:

  1. Keep on Keeping on! You are an inspiration M'dear..XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marcella! You inspire me very much too, and I hope we stay in touch this year!
    <3
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

♡♡