CODENAME SAILOR V


WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND?
With an unforeseen change of plans, tonight I will delight in reading Codename: Sailor V manga I & II, doing readings with Baba Studio's Victorian Flower Oracle and sipping on some Hakutsuru plum wine. Codename: Sailor V is the series that revolves around Sailor Moon's Libra character, Sailor Venus, also known as Minako Aiko. She was originally my favorite sailor scout because of the fact that she is a Libra. We share the same birth date★!
 


I am not an anime fan by any means, but I am a proud fan of Naoko Takeuchi's work. The Sailor Moon saga is my absolute favorite manga series, and the only one that I have read to date. When I was a preteen, I would count the days down until my next trip to the mall. In most cases, I was finished reading the comic within 15 minutes of purchase. I would rarely leave the mall without having finished it. It was a simple pleasure, but I delighted having my nose stuck in a manga book while my Mom did her shopping. Floating through fictitious worlds to escape reality is just the way that I grew up!

What I like the most about Naoko's world is the fusion of esoteric subjects as stated in my previous Sailor Moon post. Other than really enjoying her stylization, I love the fact that the zodiac's archetypes are manifested in her characters. I find her work absolutely beautiful. Naoko Takeuchi makes Tokyo look more magical than it already is. Sometimes I still can't believe that I've been to Tokyo!

Whatever you end up doing, I hope you have a fun weekend full of magic! Stay safe & take lots of pictures!!
♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡♡