HELLO WITCHES Nº26




Last week was excellent. It wasn't nearly as loaded in obstacles as I thought it would be. I spent a great deal of time musing at Starbucks with a pumpkin spice latte and some new tunes to delight in. I saw J a few times during the week, and a couple more during the weekend. The week was centered around my romantic relationship and all the things we are facing together. It was a week of social activity and mutual plans. On the weekend, we delighted in burgers on Friday and an outing at an arcade bar on Saturday. The full moon in Aries brought on a straightforward/confrontational vibe on Saturday are foreseen by the Five of Swords, which lingered throughout the rest of the night. Good times were had, though.

This week revolves around romance and relationships once more. I see two Major Arcana cards pointing out conflicts or resolutions to conflicts. The spread is missing the suit of Coins, which means to me that a little extra effort should be invested in balancing the week out in this way. The rest seems to be a heavy incline for the romantic/emotional area of my life, things I am still working on perfecting.

The Joie de Vivre Tarot is a wonderful deck to use. I can't believe I had it in the back of my collection where I could no longer even see it. This tarot deck reads intuitively, the figures present aren't the only part of the illustration with a narrative. The elements in the environment make more sense to me, and so do the extras and the animals that are present. I have taken some risks in the style of reading to experiment and have found some wonderful results. I strongly recommend it for dreamers with a quirky perspective of life. Don't be fooled by all the hearts and swirls — this deck means business! I have noticed myself clicking with dark decks less and less, and whimsical/colorful decks more and more.



Monday. Ace of Cups. The cup is overflowing with new emotions, journeying from the original source to join with a larger body of water. It feels like a transition from the subconscious to waking life, adding a new layer of meaning to what is already there. There are swirling plants growing all around, which makes me think of romantic entanglement and possessive weeds that grow in relationships everywhere. It's okay to give love to the world as long as personal space is provided. Just because we care for someone does not mean they should have control over us. Take note!

Tuesday. Three of Cups. The cups are still flowing, and this adds more people to the mix. I get the sense of sharing one's emotional wealth with others that need it. Care for those in times of need, show compassion and understanding. The keywords I pick up are 'need' and 'joy'.

Wednesday. The Chariot. The seahorses are crossed in an X. The charioteer can't move forward until those tangled thoughts/feelings are unwinded. This is the theme from the Ace of Cups brought to attention. I have never been a fan of the entangled messes people make with their relationships, and make it a point to stray from that kind of situation. We can lose our sense of direction when we let others put their invisible bonds on us. It's time to take control and break those bonds to clear the way!



Thursday. Seven of Cups. Once more, when too many people start talking and giving their opinion, it's easy to lose grasp of one's own understanding of how things are. We can get confused when we listen to what others say too much. We get tainted if we're not true to ourselves, even though we have the answer within us from the start. I see this card also as seeking advice from natural sources, going to meditate in nature. Sometimes we just need to get away from all the noise to find our answers.

Friday. King of Wands. My handsome King, J. He carries with him determination to brighten up my day, or that of anyone else that surrounds him. He is a creative dreamer battling the hardships of daily life to accomplish his goals. It looks like I will receive a visit from him in a particularly spicy/celebratory mood on Friday. Let the weekend begin!

Saturday. Three of Wands. Being unaware of what comes next through a patient wait. The fish floating around her head make me feel she's not thinking about anything in particular. She's excited for what the day brings, but she can't make up her mind on what she wants to do. The wind blows and she stands there, expectant of what comes next. Stillness comes to mind.



Sunday. Page of Swords. It won't be a challenge to stand up for yourself, but it will be tricky to defend your ideals if they are not being taken seriously. I get a sense of mischief from the card, the suggestion of a petty argument or a swift statement that cuts deep. It's important to understand where it comes from, and that it isn't always important to listen to silly things.

What to avoid. Eight of Cups. Stop! Where are you going? Come back! This is a temporary leave from responsibilities or routines to go play for a while. It is the search of a new adventure or of a break from responsibilities to drink, enjoy and dream. It is a contradiction to the next card.

What to strive for. The Devil. Have fun, drink, be merry! The devil that stands over a closed chest won't allow you to see what's inside until he's gone. He demands a good time, a dance, or some indulgences that are neglected for our responsibilities. In the chest I feel is the way out of idleness, responsibilities and duties that I usually can't ignore. This tricky character locks everything up to force me to play a little... and with what I enjoy the most. My 'vices'.

♡♡

3 comments:

  1. Lovely reading,ML. And I like 'the whimsical' too. I was interested to see what you do with this deck. I was considering the Paulina. Do you have that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Prince,

      It's wonderfully whimsical. I took a liking to the Paulina long before the Joie de Vivre. The Paulina is not as close up and it has many things going on in the cards. It reads in narrative, but not in a conversational way.

      The Joie de Vivre cards are centered around the main characters and what they're doing. The extras are little animals, and not necessarily as many variations in one card.

      Both work depending on the mood.

      Delete
  2. Thanks ML. I will look into both. Maybe Christmas present options for me from family members :)

    ReplyDelete

♡♡