HEART OF STARS TAROT REVIEW




This is going to be a review of the Heart of Stars Tarot deck by Thom Phan. I originally found this tarot deck a little over a year ago and the first edition had just gone out of print. After a couple of e-mails, I signed up for the waiting list on the second edition. It didn’t take much for me to be sold on this deck. I love everything about it!

It all worked out, though. The edits to the deck really enhanced it for me, which is rare in second publications. Not this time! They added a card with Jon Snow in it, and another with Darth Vader. To my delight, the beautiful card back was also left as it was in the first edition. No qualms!

I've been taking my time to get to know this deck because of all of the influences mixed in. It's very different from what I am used to and I appreciate it for the challenge. Any time I lay cards out on the table, the personalities of the characters jump out. I've found the best way to get readings from this deck is to spend more time reading through the cards and associating traditional meanings with implied symbols. It's a very expressive tarot deck, and I've come to find I really love having all of the Hollywood stars interacting with one another. It makes the deck fun to use for the reader and for the querent as well.

The watercolor space style is really very beautiful and it helps me understand why the deck was called what it was called. It photographs very well and I can honestly say I am very happy with having gotten myself two copies.





The card stock is sturdy, shuffles nicely and fans out perfectly. I feel like I am looking out into space when I lay them out. Envision the cosmos shuffling out your fate for you to read. The card backs are very special and beautiful also. I would love to meditate into them.

It's a very strong deck when it comes to pulling from past associations. I've been transported to several moments in motion pictures where these scenes are being carried out. I like the fact it makes me reminisce on actual moments in motion, as if I was looking through the newspaper in the wizarding world of Harry Potter. For those of you who are not familiar with the concept, the photos in the newspaper move as if they were movies.



What is your most important characteristic?
Page of Wands. I am the one connecting different sources of wisdom and insight from media. In me you will find the deepest wisdom hiding among the most recognizable faces. This makes me easy to converse with when you establish your own personal meanings as they make sense to you. I am full of energy, and willing to share that energy with you.

What are your strengths as a tarot deck?
Two of Wands. Take the time to get to know me and to think about the spreads. Don't rush into it, and eventually you'll see. Not much needs to be said, when you see the illustrations you'll simply know. Make a ritual out of your practice and you will come to find that it all comes to you. It all makes sense when secrets come out to light. But first you have to wait to see what comes of it.

What are your limits?
King of Coins. While there is a caring nature to this deck, you can view the advice given here as that of a tutor or a caring relative. The rest is the experience you will harness by taking initiative and finishing the tasks yourself. You learn by doing, and you empower yourself when you take control of your circumstances. You'll only go as far as you allow yourself to.


What are you here to teach me?
Nine of Swords. I am here to teach you to treat yourself and others with a compassionate heart. If you don't know what kind of struggles somebody else is going through, at least try to be empathetic. Somtimes wisdom is hard earned.

How can I best learn to collaborate with you?
Five of Coins. Learn to accept that not everything works out the way we want it to. Life is not a box of chocolates, rather it i fraught with challenges and difficulties that shape us all into stronger people. Those who cannot cope with the pain end up masking it until it claims them later. Remember not to let your pain claim you. You are in charge of making things better.

What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
Seven of Cups. Using this powerful tool you will put an end to incorrect perspectives. You will be putting an end to the hopes you had that would sprout new possibilities. If you have to do without it, it may mean it isn’t worth it. You have to look out for yourself always, and in having a friend by your side, you won’t ever come out on the losing side. Remember to seek clarity when you are confused. All of the options will be made available to you.



Which card do you want to show off?
Page of Cups. Don’t be afraid of all these seriousness in the deck. There is also beauty in the cards, and thus there is something good that comes out of the bad: life lessons and experience. You will learn when to hold back from acting because it is most beneficial. You will also know when to proceed with caution in situations that merit it.

How do you see me?
Two of Swords. You put so much on your plate that it wears you out. The way you multitask and how busy your lifestyle is, is thoroughly exhausting. You need to take a break from overworking yourself. You also need to express more on the outside about how you feel, rather than separating how you feel from how you think. You're not as awkward as you tell yourself that you are.

How do you see yourself?
Ace of Wands. I feed your dreams and make them reality. I motivate you to draw the magic from within. You will be encouraged to follow your dreams and see them manifested into being. Trust with your heart and allow your next step forward to be dictated by your sense of trust in the bigger picture.



There is a third printing in the works, so please check out his site if you wish to order. But well-earned merit. Now he is working on the Oracle of Poets and Tarot Anonymus.
♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡♡