BAROQUE BOHEMIAN CATS' TAROT



This tarot deck surprised me. The first incarnation that I got of it was the third edition, which i didn’t really click with even though the images were so large and detailed. The card stock is high quality as well, but it just didn’t vibe with it. I got two copies of it, but I ended up never using it. I thought that I was getting the version that had baroque borders on it, and what I got was plain white borders. It makes such a difference when I look through the cards.

Fast forward a few years, I decided to take the plunge and purchase a first edition copy. They were selling on Ebay for years and years before I finally took note of them. I managed to find a copy that was still sealed! (Just like the Fantastic Menagerie and the Bohemian Gothic Silver Edition so many years later. Lucky me!)

When it arrived, I found everything about it to be very beautiful. It comes packaged in a large box that matches the Bohemian Gothic Silver edition. Inside, there is a companion book and the cards themselves. Magic!



The experience with these was very different. They spoke to me. I bonded with them!

These kitties are delightful. I lay out a spread of three to five cards and they sing to me amicably. They present me with a world of luxurious beauty as well as whimsy, and he tone of the deck is good-natured. There is a humor about it that makes me smile. I like that even with such an endearing presentation, the readings I have had with this tarot deck have been very serious and detailed. There is a lot that can be drawn out from the deck.

Apparently, cats in costumes have been around for a very long time and were once very popular. I think that it is magic-realism, and while it isn’t for everybody, those that get it really benefit from it. I like that you need to employ a vivid imagination to connect with the deck.




What is your most important characteristic?
Page of Cups. I don’t lose my sweetness when I present people with things, but I’m unapologetic about the way I feel. I haven’t been conditioned as others have, to censor their feelings and say what they don’t mean. With me, you get what I mean all the time.

What are your strengths as a tarot deck?
Hermes. I inspire others to take flight and follow their dreams. Even as an inanimate object, a symbol with no life, my qualities mimic those of the living. I am relevant and I facilitate self-expression, so why not use me?

What are your limits?
High Priestess. Your intuition will have to be open and receptive in order for you to get all the messages that you need from me. Embrace the good and the bad in balance, stand between the two and allow yourself to be an open channel for whatever needs to come through.



What are you here to teach me?
Two of Cups. Love yourself, love others. Share and connect with people through feelings. It’s a powerful bond that allows you to see yourself reflected back through somebody else’s eyes. That’s a blessing.

How can I best learn to collaborate with you?
Seven of Cups. Hold, breathe, and let your options make themselves manifest before you pick any. Carefully consider the different pictures before you. Let your answers come to you.

What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
King of Swords. You’re going to learn to cut the strings of bonds that people have and don’t see; some of them might even be your own. You won’t be intimidated by anything because you will know exactly how to deal with it. In fact, that might make you quite intimidating.



Which card do you want to show off?
Two of Coins. The work we accomplish will be through collaborative efforts. It is all an exchange. You get as much are you are given. That is the natural order of things.

How do you see me?
Knight of Swords. You believe in yourself and you charge with what you get. It doesn’t matter if it is what people want to hear or not. If it’s what you get, it’s what you put out. No sooner are you done, than you have already moved on.

How do you see yourself?
The Devil. I break the chains people are in because I want them to be free and live their lives. I intimidate people because of my elaborate appearance and the fact a bunch of cats have been thematically dressed up, but there is more to me than my looks, as you have come to see.



This deck is wonderful to read with. It makes delivering the message very easy because of the way the illustrations can be read. Magic!

Seeing as this is an Out of Print version, it has long been out of circulation and is very costly to get. If you are lucky, though, you can find any of the 4 printed editions on Ebay. There is a Gold Limited Edition I am reviewing next week, and it’s AMAZING!
♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡♡