MALPERTUIS LENORMAND



The Malpertuis Lenormand was illustrated and published by Neil Lovell. I have followed its progress closely since the start, but the deck has been out for a few years now and I had still not managed to save funds to set aside to be able to purchase it. Until now! I love it dearly, it is definitely beautiful and it reads really well. What I enjoy the most about it is that it makes my reading experience much more pleasant.

I am entitled to decks number 330 and 331. There is an extra card: The Happy Squirrel. I appreciate this joke whenever I see it in a deck. There are also extra Gentleman and Lady cards.

I love everything about these cards: matching unobtrusive borders, gorgeous illustrations and playing card inserts, and beautifully framed numbers. The backs match the Tyldwick Tarot backs, which makes this Lenormand a companion deck to the original tarot. The card stock is stiff semigloss with lightly gilded edges. The shuffle is somewhat crunchy, but the cards are also somewhat slippery. They won’t go gliding out of my hands and off the table, so I can appreciate that.



I love that the symbols are in their natural surroundings. I love the artistic depiction suggesting the cards echo to vintage or antique quality. There is something very special about this deck that captivates me. I have found myself keeping it on my work desk and thumbing through it regularly just to admire it. This isn’t something I do very frequently, since I prefer to get to know my cards as I use them to read. With these, though, the dynamic is different. I am drawn into them and I like to imagine what would happen next in this scene.

This deck makes me think about the transition from summer to autumn in the Netherlands. It evokes the nostalgia of days long past, and there is a romantic quality in the cards that I can’t seem to want to free myself from. Few things bring me more satisfaction than being entranced by a beautiful deck of cards.




What is your most important characteristic?
Stars. You connect cards into messages like connect the dots. It all adds up in a step by step way and reads as one. When you look at it all laid out, it starts to make more sense for you and you can trace connections from one subject to another. (Referencing the Grand Tableau.)

What are your strengths as a Lenormand deck?
Child. Interest in this cartomantic technique is new. The field is not saturated, which means there is room to grow. Spending enough time with this method could help you mature new techniques of reading. You don’t just have to knight them or criss cross; you can also try other ways to interpret the patterns woven in the spread.

What are your limits?
Key. You can get ahead where there is opportunity, but there are some doors your key won’t fit into. Lenormand isn’t appropriate for every type of reading you wish to carry out, but it can be great for relevant avenues of exploration.



What are you here to teach me?
The Happy Squirrel. This deck has humor! And it’s reminding us of just that. It’s okay to have fun with your card reading. Try new things even if you have to have a margin for error. That’s how you learn, by taking risks.

How can I best learn to collaborate with you?
Letter. Read back through older interactions to understand how you have gotten to this point. A reading is an exchange between the reader and the cards, and then the reader and the querent.

What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
Paths. You can make your own choices based off what you end up finding in your readings with these cards.



Which card do you want to show off?
Mountain. Strength that is unshakeable and often passes the test of time. This deck states it is robust and strong, and no matter how strong the winds, it won't be flimsy in any sense. There is a great sense of inner strength in this!

How do you see me?
Cross. The one who carries the burdens of others, while still dealing with their own burdens. Heavy hitter...

How do you see yourself?
Clouds. Parting the confusion with clarity. Terse!



I really look forward to use this, both personally and for work. These grainy, nostalgic cards evoke such strong feelings in me. I strongly recommend them. Would you like to purchase a copy?
♡♡

1 comment:

♡♡