

Can you believe Samhain Moon just turned 7 yesterday? I can't!
This blog started out a couple of months after graduation. I had committed to be ready by the date, and once it launched it became my niche for self-expression on the Internet. I would post spreads, reviews and personal stories/photos. It became an extension of my online persona, and for a while it validated my presence in the tarot and divination communities. I owe a lot to this space. It has helped me connect with lots of people, too.
I haven't been nearly as active on this space as I'd like to. Partly because I've been too busy being a party monster in the month of October, partly because I haven't felt inspired to take photos of the cards for this blog. But it still stands as a portal to connect to like-minded people. I often speak about closing it down, but the truth is I don't have the heart to. This connects me to my past self and stands as a reminder of all the life lessons learned in the past seven years. That has it's own worth.
Oh, how we grow. Growing pains help us see life through different perspectives. Being on the other side of it has been good for the spirit. Once you walk away from old sources of pain and the spring is back in your step, you do what you can to hang onto that feel good state of mind. As the old skin is shed, new events come into play. It's interesting how life just does its thing, and trusting the outcome ends up in living intensely.



I haven't dressed up for Halloween in about 7 years now. That's a really, really long time. Coming back full blast made it fun again. This year I decided to dress up as Eric Draven from The Crow. It brought a smile to my face when people recognized who I was going as.
I admit it felt like embracing social suicide. I am not used to so much [black] make up and I am not used to making aggressive faces for the camera, but in the spirit of trying something new I found it wasn't so bad after all. To some it probably just looked like corpse paint. ⚰💀🗡✨ lol!
It feels good to be a part of something. Cloak & Dagger has quickly become my favorite place and experience to have in Los Angeles. The community is unlike any other. Meeting likeminded people you resonate with is rare, even more so to have such a high concentration of them in one space. Last night was the first time the club had been filled to capacity. Some of our friends had to be snuck in through the back. It was wild to see that some strange faces I saw but did not recognize were actually my friends on social media.
Not a lot to report, really just a commemoration of last night. We did a ritual before heading out to the club, treating the night as the new year.







Bless this mess.
Opening photo credit to @tyliner. And yes, Adam Bravin and Diplo DJed for us.
♡♡

No comments:
Post a Comment