OLD TOKYO






This is perhaps the most I can stretch the adventure and the dream. Every time I think back to the trip, I smile to myself for what feels like hours. I love immersing myself in Japanese culture and history. It honestly surprises me that so many people put it off as something to do "one day" before they die, given that I feel people travel longer lengths to go to Europe. This of course refers to using Los Angeles as a point of departure. If people can make Europe happen, they can also make Japan happen.

This week I almost booked a ticket to go back in the spring of 2016, but I decided to hold back on that decision because there are of course other places to go see. I can't deny that this place holds my heart. In fact every time I leave, I feel like I've left my heart behind.

Today we're going to look through some personal adventures through sacred grounds, parks and cemeteries we visited. I hope you will enjoy this gallery.








The temple you just saw was Asakusa Temple. It was a really great place. I especially loved the old feel of the streets around it with the markets and the really beautiful omiyage. I splurged on a silky yukata for Mom and one for myself. I also got some keitai straps and miscellaneous little details to help me remember the trip in my daily life.

We made it out to Yanaka-Ginza, which had several homages to cats. Many neko stores... I had never seen so many cute kitty things. All kinds of kitties: Hello Kitty, the cat from Kiki's Delivery Service, the typical lucky cat, and several others. There was also this green tea shop that I went to that has so many beautiful tea sets and chopstick holders. I had such a hard time not getting things for people I thought about. A big problem when you go to Japan is that you don't have enough room to bring back all the presents. The presents are also fragile in composition and in wrapping.

There is an overwhelming feeling of peace anywhere you go. It's so nice. The air feels cleaner in my opinion also, even though there is pollution everywhere you go. I love the sense of belonging that Japan gives its visitors. It's hard to describe what that feels like unless you experience it yourself. Everything is so well kept, cared for and properly labeled. You don't need to speak Japanese to make your way around.




















Last but not least, here is a lovely photo my Mom took of the Tokyo Skytree. This is perhaps one of the most romantic situations you could find yourself in, in a public area. There is something really special about watching the sun set and admiring Mount Fuji as the street lights start coming on. She surprised me with her mad skills! I had to crop it to fit here without having to scale it down, so you can sort of have an idea of what it looked like.



I hope you all have enjoyed the Tokyo galleries. Its been such a pleasure to share my personal experiences with you. I love my life lately, and I'm really looking forward to the holidays. There is promise in the air and I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for all of us. Ten years since I graduated college! Time flies...

xx Love, Leelah
♡♡

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just found your blog. I am Wiccan. I love that necklace that you had on in 1 of the photos. It looks like moonstone.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!
      Nice to meet you.

      It is a moonstone. It was gifted to me with carved initials in the back. I wear it all the time. Good eye!

      Delete

♡♡