YEAR IN REVIEW 2015



Its been such a wonderful year! The term 'soul searching' doesn't even even to cover it. I've gone through some intense personal transformations, and came out the other side feeling like an entirely new person. This year definitely had some big deal events and experiences the likes of which I will never forget. There were also many hardships and obstacles, some of which have been very hard for me to digest and get used to. No one prepares us for loss.

I wish that some of the people left behind in 2015 will resurface at some point in the future, but for now the best thing to do is perhaps to let go and allow time to do its thing. I had so many fall outs this year that it felt unnatural.

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to getting 2016 started. My resolutions revolve around personal development and quality control in living habits. Less drinking, some home improvement and definitely nurturing my needs.


January
+ Wonderful New Year's celebration
+ Steampunk Symposium
- Anniversary of my cousin and Hugo's death
+ Lots of socializing

February
+ Lots of clubbing activities
+ Studying playing cards
- Niki and I had our fall out
+ Got some great additions to my tarot collection

March
+ Started my House of Zodiac series
+ Lustmord show
- Things went sour with my room mate
+ Pisces Ball
+ Started Witches Grimoire
+ Tito's Tacos with Rev John
April
+ Trip to Puerto Rico
+ J's birthday
+ De/Vision concert
+ Lots of new additions to my tarot collection
+Falling Skies concert

May
+ Ren Fair
+ Meeting Meagan for tea
+ Met Tozororion
+ Roger's birthday

June
+ New apartment. Moved in on my own!
+ Crystal's baby was born
+ Filofax
+ Got an amazing couch
- Went to a DNB club… Ew!
+ Hung out with Kaity and Sebastian

July
+ Anime Expo with Mike Cotopolis
+ Mystic Shadows Illuminated made its way into my life
+ Mortal Boy & Carved Souls show
+ Spirit Speaks meditation
+ Batcave
- Roger's car accident
+ Launched an Etsy store

August
+ Sebastian and Kaity's
+ Bought amazing corsets
+ Grandpa's birthday
+ Getting productive

September
+ Manufactured in LA
+ IAMX pre-listening dinner party
+ Trip to Puerto Rico
- Fall out with Charlo

October
+ So much good food!
- Hermes saw me and wrote to me
+ Crystal and Justin's wedding
+ Dave Gahan & Soulsavers concert
+ Opeth concert
+ Alessandra and JP's wedding
+ Halloween at Olvera street

November
+++ Tokyo trip
+ Decabar
++ Made friends with Rose Lunahour. She inspires me!
+ Got my Youtube channel on track

December
+ Mode:M dancing
+ Ritual of the Ankh
+ Bought nice crystals
+ Puerto Rico trip
+ Stellar meditations
(1) DESCRIBE 2015 IN THREE WORDS:
(A) INDEPENDENCE.
(B) EMOTIONS.
(C) FINANCIAL.

(2) WHICH CONCERTS DID YOU VISIT IN 2015?
Unwoman, Lee Presson and the Nails, Lustmord, De/Vision, Falling Skies x 3, Mortal Boy, Carved Souls, Dave Gahan + Soulsavers, Opeth, LA Morgue x 2,

Special Event: I went to a super secret pre-listening dinner party with IAMX, Gary Numan and members of Nine Inch Nails. You can read about it here.

(3) WHAT WERE YOUR THREE FAVORITE MOMENTS IN 2015?
(A) IAMX pre-listening dinner party. This night was really amazing. I had a fireworks going on inside when I realized Gary Numan was also there. To top it off there were many more musicians there that I admire, such as Nine Inch Nails members. Rennholdër, someone I used to mad fangirl over. I talked to everybody and ate some great food listening to some great music in an epic castle house. Candles, magic and Chris Corner all around. With two hugs to conclude the night!

(B) Goth clubbing in Japan. Enough said! Magic on legs.

(C) Seeing Dave Gahan in concert with Soulsavers.

(4) WHICH ONE WAS YOUR FAVORITE MONTH?
Tough! I think it was November.

(5) WHO WERE THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE OF 2015?


(6) HAVE YOU MADE PLANS FOR TRAVELING IN 2015?
I am looking to go to France, Prague, Japan, Louisiana (New Orleans), or Spain.

I love that I actually do make it to these places, even if it takes an extra year!

(7) BEST BOOK YOU READ IN 2014?
Oracle Alchemy. Ana Cortez is my favorite author. She has mentored me all throughout the year. I love reading anecdotes of moments spent with her father, who was a visionary and an enlightened man. Reading this book was a delightful look into her upbringing as a talented diviner.

I am really fond of the Playing Card Oracles system and looking to gain more experience with it. Hopefully my relationship with Ana Cortez will also continue to blossom. I am currently going through final examinations to earn my certification as a Playing Card Oracles reader.
(8) 5 MUSICIANS YOU LISTENED TO WAY TOO MUCH IN 2012:
DEPECHE MODE
IAMX
GARY NUMAN
LUSTMORD
DAVE GAHAN & SOULSAVERS

(9) WHAT DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2016?
Most of my dreams have come true. Very few are left in my list. I definitely want to get back into creative work of Illustration and Graphic Design. I want to go back to working on my tarot deck and illustration projects, and perhaps most importantly to keeping a sketchbook like I used to. It's so important for creatives to express themselves, and yet I've only chosen to do that through writing in the past few years. In reality it's because I've been trying to establish a routine that works for me, so those things I used to prioritize fell to the side. I thought about drawing almost every day, and could not see my life without color pencils and eraser shavings on my desk.

I am looking forward to getting back into nurturing my figure and my external appearance. While I got a lot done this year, I spent a lot of days working out of my pajamas with no make-up on. Definitely zoomed through my responsibilities, but felt like a servant girl while doing them. Even if I won't be dressing up every day, I will at least commit to take care of my image and to add new steps to my self-care routines.

Lastly, I want to commit to learning a new form of divination. This is a practice I do every year, but this year I've got no clue what to start with. It will be interesting to document that on my Youtube channel.


IN RETROSPECT,
This year was really important in my life. I decided to move in on my own and I amazed myself with how much money I could make to sustain myself and become completely financially independent. I learned the importance of budgeting and saving up. I also learned how strong I am in the face of sudden changes, since I moved from one apartment to another almost singularly. It is very rewarding to feel like I can provide for myself and my needs. It was like finally coming to accept and to see that I am a full grown adult.

I had a lot of fun also. It was great to have J visit me in Los Angeles. After listening to my stories for years, he got to experience it first hand and he got to meet my friends… and some celebrities. He finally understood what it is that makes me love LA so much.

I also decided that Los Angeles is my final resting place. I intend to grow roots here and to eventually buy myself a house. I am steadily making lasting relationships and learning the importance of treating yourself to new experiences.

A lot of things happened behind the curtain that I never wrote about publicly. Perhaps someday some of those things will come out to the public light as a positive experience.

A huge heartfelt thank you goes out to all of you that supported me this year and kept me company through this long, winding journey. I am here for you and hope you will reach out and keep in touch.

Thank you! Safe celebrations!
♡♡

1 comment:

  1. Reading this post feels like a great catch up with you. Glad 2015 was a good one for you. Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete

♡♡