DIA DE LOS MUERTOS LENORMAND:




I have had my eye on Edmund Zebrowski's Day of the Dead Lenormand ever since I found the threat in the Lenormand section of the Aeclectic Tarot community. Back then it was just a marvelous idea, it was nowhere near completion. A few months ago I joined a very wonderful (and friendly) Lenormand group on Facebook, and that's where I found out that it was in print. The box states that in this Lenormand, Edmund Zebrowski celebrates the culture and customs surrounding the Día de los Muertos. It stands as a "fun and meaningful interpretation of the classic French oracle that has been in use since the mid 19th century". This set of cards can also be used with the German school of Lenormand.

The cards are standard playing card size and borderless, plus hand drawn with chalk. The whimsical representatives are endearing as well as grim, which makes this deck balanced enough for me. I bought the mega set off Delphi's Chamber and received a Limited Edition Day of the Dead Lenormand with a signed and numbered title card, a handmade bag and an adorable mini deck. The set also came with a standard version, which will be the one that I will be using for daily draws and Lenormand study. The decks came with a comprehensive list that lacked the numbers, printed on some very nice paper. I hope the paper stands through long years of wear and use, because I work my cards until they fall to pieces with love. Since the numbers aren't on the key notes, it makes it confusing for me to interpret the reading based on the notes. It is a good incentive to begin a Lenormand journal. I feel that the Day of the Dead Lenormand is for those that are already comfortable with the teachings of the Lenormand.

So here we are after I have been anticipating this adventure. The stylistic interpretation of the cards adds meaning to the otherwise universal symbols, but I quite like it because of the personal connections I find. (Wow! I can hear Melissa Hill's hillarious video — "You don't read the Lenormand intuitively.") The Lenormand group has helped me with the many possible interpretations for card combos, and for seeing the cards in more mundane contexts. Since I come from the otherworldly realm of the tarot, I tend to seek the playing card inset to compare. I have found that I complicate things too much. The Lenormand still makes some crazy connections; I just need to learn the manner in which they speak to me.

I will begin using Lenormand draws on Hello Witches to get the ball rolling on this blog with the Lenormand. I realize that the only time I have written about it before on Samhain Moon has been when I reviewed Le Jeu du Destin Antique by Piatnik. I haven't touched it since that day, perhaps it is a sign to take them out and warm them up.





DAY OF THE DEAD LENORMAND INTERVIEW:
What is your most important characteristic? The Woman. I'm girly. Female signifier.

What are your strengths as a deck? The Ring. Long-term partnership, commitment.

What are your limits? Clover. Luck can change, there's nothing I can do about that.

What are you here to teach me? Ship. New explorations.

How can I best learn to collaborate with you? Heart. Love what you do, enjoy the process.

What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? Sun. Success, happiness.

Show off your favorite card. Anchor. Success through stability.

How you see me. Moon. Psychic abilities.

How you see yourself. Title card. As the Day of the Dead Lenormand, plain and simple.

I forgot to take the title card out of the deck, but it showed up in an appropriate place! I think it is easy to see in these card draws how brief and terse they can be. I feel that there is power in these short words.




Looking forward to be enlightened with the teachings of the Lenormand!
♡♡

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree! They are so quirky, everything just works nicely!

      Delete

♡♡